Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, that identifies an individual.
2. Collection of personal information
PCA will not collect personal information about you unless that information is reasonably necessary to carry out one or more of our functions or activities. PCA will collect personal information only by fair and lawful means, including from third parties and through its websites, mobile applications (apps), social media channels, and communications via email or in personal meetings with you. The kinds of personal information we collect will depend on the capacity in which you are dealing with us. Generally, the personal or sensitive information we may collect includes your:
- contact and personal details (eg: your phone number, driver’s licence, credit card and home/email address);
- current and past interactions with us, as well as your personal preferences, vehicle, warranty and service details.
When PCA collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as:
- the purposes for which we are collecting the information;
- the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind;
- the fact that you are usually able to access the information; and
- the identity of our organisation and how to contact us.
PCA will collect information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
In many cases, it will not be practicable for PCA to collect your personal information directly from you because you will be dealing with OPCs that are operated by third parties and not by PCA. We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, including our related companies and third-party suppliers who assist us to operate our business. Where PCA collects personal information about you from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
In general, there is no law which specifically requires us to collect particular information from you. You can always decline to give us any personal information we request, however, if all or part of that personal information is not collected by us we may not be able to provide you with the relevant product, service or information.
In addition to the personal information identified above, in connection with the Porsche parking application (Porsche Park App), we may also collect the following information from app users: your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
3. Use and disclosure of personal information
If PCA uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (secondary purpose) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (primary purpose) to the extent required by the Privacy Act we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection, and you would reasonably expect that PCA would use or disclose your personal information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by an enforcement authority or under law.
The purposes for which we usually collect, use and disclose personal information depends on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include:
- the sale or marketing of automotive events, services or products to you and the financing, servicing or repair of those products.
- in relation to the use of our apps, facilitating the creation of an account, providing service announcements and administrative messages;
- in relation to the Porsche Park App, to make our parking and associated services available to you;
- managing, planning, advertising and administering programs, events, competitions and promotions;
- contacting you about upcoming promotions and events that may interest you;
- responding to requests for information or any inquiries you submit to us;
- administering and managing our relationship with you;
- assessing your suitability for employment or engagement with us, including conducting due diligence as part of pre-employment or pre-engagement screening;
- meeting regulatory requirements, such as reporting vehicle safety issues;
- responding to consumer feedback and concerns;
- sending you order confirmation and welcome kits;
- administering warranty claims;
- conducting market research, and customer surveys;
- sending you information about Porsche model launches or Porsche Lifestyle events; and
- other related purposes.
PCA may also disclose your personal information as permitted by law or to third parties (e.g. to external contractors and service providers used for data processing, data analysis, client and user satisfaction surveys, information technology services and support, website hosting, maintenance and development, mail-outs and market research, to related companies of PCA in Australia and in other countries or to an OPC) for the purpose of fulfilling one or more of the above purposes. PCA requires external contractors to comply with PCA's requirements in relation to confidentiality and privacy.
For example, if you are using the Porsche Park App and have created an account, your personal information will be shared with UbiPark Pty Ltd, who assists us with the operation of the app and, if required for customer service purposes (eg to exit a car park), the operators of the carpark where you park. Your credit card details will be used by a third party payment processor to process parking fees.
Third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information may contact you directly to let you know they have collected your personal information and to give you information about their privacy policies.
4. Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, PCA will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- store the personal information that we hold to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
PCA assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of other organisations or websites (for example, those of OPCs and/or third parties selling
PCA websites and apps may use DoubleClick and
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our websites or apps (including your anonymous IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by
PCA may share the
- the processing of data about you by
6. Openness and accountability
7. Access and correction of your personal information
You are entitled to access and/or request the correction of your personal information held by PCA on request. Please contact PCA if you would like to exercise your right to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. PCA will generally provide you with access to your personal information (although an administration fee may be imposed for the reasonable time and expense incurred in compiling information in response to your access request). PCA does not charge any fee for responding to correction requests. PCA will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, in accordance with the APPs, PCA may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information (in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision). If we refuse your correction request, we will include a statement with your personal information about your correction request, if you ask us to do so.
8. Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
If PCA transfers your personal information to other organisations outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows.
9. Contact and further information
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that PCA holds about you or the way we handle that personal information, including if you wish to opt out from receiving any communications from us. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out below:
Contact: Manager, CRM & Customer Relations
Telephone: 1800 711 911
Postal address: 109-111 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 8002
Email address: [email protected]
Further information about the Privacy Act and APPs can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
10. Concerns or Complaints
Please contact us using the above details if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by PCA. If you raise a concern or complaint about privacy, we will try and investigate it and respond to you within 30 days. If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details available at www.oaic.gov.au.
Policy last updated: 22 March 2020.